Students in grades 6-8 have the opportunity to participate in our athletics programs, which include a variety of sports and extracurricular activities, including organized basketball and volleyball. Southwest Preparatory participates in the Albuquerque Charter School League. The current schedule for activities can be viewed on the SLC home web calendar. For students interested in the Charter league, please view the following links:
Students may also participate in interscholastic NMAA sanctioned sports and extracurricular activities at their home district middle school. Guidelines regulating these sports and activities can be found at Interscholastic Athletic Participation Guidelines. Click the following for NMAA Scholastic Eligibility.
For questions concerning these sports and activities contact Coach Michael Tixier.
- Boys and Girls Cross Country (7th grade – 12th grade)
- Co-ed Soccer (8th grade – 12 grade)
- Middle School Basketball Boys and Girls (6th grade – 8th grade)
- Boys Varsity and Junior Varsity Basketball (8th grade – 12th grade)
- Girls Varsity and Junior Varsity Basketball (8th grade – 12th grade)
- Boys Varsity Volleyball (8th grade – 12th grade)
- Girls Varsity and Junior Varsity Volleyball (8th grade – 12th grade)