Southwest Secondary is committed to keeping our doors open and following PED and Department of Health guidelines.
SSLC’s current COVID-19 Point of Contact: Mrs. Lisa Mora: email@example.com or 505-296-7677
Please review the PowerPoint to learn more about our Covid Safe Practices.
SSLC’s Approved American Rescue Plan Grant Application can be viewed here.
SSLC’s Initial American Rescue Plan Grant Application can be viewed here.
SSLC’s Safe Return to In-Person Instruction Plan can be viewed here.
The New Mexico PED has established a voluntary student surveillance test program. Students can test on campus with PMG or through Vault at home. Both options are FREE to students.
OPTION 1: Premier Medical Group (PMG) will be on campus on Tuesday mornings for student surveillance tests. Just scan the QR code below to register directly with PMG.
- The rapid antigen test uses a short nasal swab, and students return to class within a few minutes.
- Results are received the same day and are made available to the school. Your student’s personal information will not be released.
- Register once for weekly testing and consent can be withdrawn at any time.
OPTION 2: The Vault system is a non-invasive, laboratory PCR, saliva test you will perform at home via Zoom with a provider.
- Sharing results of student testing is VOLUNTARY! If you are willing to share your results to help with case tracking, please send to our Covid Point Person, Lisa Mora, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Results remain confidential. If your test is negative, only numbers will be reported to the state with no personal information. Positive cases should be reported immediately so we can isolate close contacts. Personal information is NOT shared, and close contacts are notified they were exposed without revealing who is the positive case.
- Register for your FREE Vault test here: https://learn.vaulthealth.com/nm/
Here are some tips to help you with the process:
- You will only need to set up an account the first time. Record your log-in credentials for future use!
- Have your insurance card handy to enter information, but there is NO out-of-pocket cost associated with the test.
- Those without insurance can still register at no cost.
- You will choose the address you want your test shipped to. It arrives overnight via UPS.
- Sign in to your account when you are ready to take the test and click “meet with a provider.”
- Do not begin until you are on the Zoom link with a provider.
- You must drop the kit off at any UPS location for return shipping within 24 hours of providing your sample.
- You can opt in to receive email notifications for your order, when your sample is received, and when your results are available.
If your child is experiencing symptoms of Covid-19, please refer to the symptom guide and decision tree from the NM PED toolkit below. If your child experiences allergies and has symptoms to include congestion and/or runny nose, a note from a doctor describing the symptoms as baseline will allow your child to be at school.
If your student tests POSITIVE for Covid-19, please inform us as quickly as possible so we can identify and quarantine close contacts. Your personal information is NOT shared with staff or students, and close contacts are simply notified they were exposed so they can take precautionary measures.
Please direct any questions or positive case reports to: Lisa Mora at email@example.com